A facial recognition system is a technology capable of identifying or verifying a person from a digital image or a video frame from a video source. There are multiple methods in which facial recognition systems work, but in general, they work by comparing selected facial features from given image with faces within a database. It is also described as a Biometric Artificial Intelligence based application that can uniquely identify a person by analyzing patterns based on the person’s facial textures and shape.
“Protecting access to sensitive areas is even more essential for you to invest in, compared to the bank” – Securevive
Face recognition technology advantage
• Hygienic: face recognition – non-contact, it can avoid any contamination
• Easy to access & save time: No PIN or smart card
• Safe: your face is a unique key which is impossible to be duplicated, stolen or lost
• Traceable: the images of people who failed to gain access from the system will be stored on file
How does Face Recognition Technology work?
• CAPTURE: Image captured from camera will be scanned
• EXTRACT: System extracts a unique facial data
• COMPARE: Use database to compare
• MATCH: Software identifies if the image matches any in the database
What are face recognition technology applications?
The face recognition access control system can be applied in plenty of constructions, for instance:
• Airport security areas
• Gym center
• Smart buildings
• Smart houses